A first laminated cast

This is a peek of project that has been going on for a while now, a Piketrapz softbait. I have just finished the first silicone mold and done a few tests casts. The first Piketrapz softbait is a little roach, these are about 70g with an internal wire rig.

Prototypes for evaluation

I have made a few prototype casts for evaluation, eyes are still missing. I will be evaluating both airbrush + dipped baits and laminates depending on color scheme.

The master

The master. I made a one piece mold for this one, it took me a good 45 minutes to get the master out of the silicone mold without breaking it, 45 minutes and some bad words. Note to myself in the future, big fins -> make two piece molds.

Taking a break

Now I will be taking a break for a few weeks due to a small planned surgery to my left hand, see you in a few weeks.